Technical Program Chair
IEEE , ICPEICES-2016
Dr. Bharat Bhushan
Associate Professor, DTU
Prof. S. Mukhopadhyay,
IEEE Delhi Section
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How can I submit my paper?
Go to the following link https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=21709 for submitting your paper in one of the four defined subject tracks
2) Will my paper be accepted via e-mail?
Papers will NOT be accepted via e-mail. They are to be submitted through the procedure explained in Question 1.
3) I am completing my degree before the dates of the conference. Will I be treated as student or professional for Conference Registration?
Registration for the conference as student or professional will be decided by your actual status at the time of registration. If you have just passed out and still searching for the job, you will be treated as student.
4) Is the paper presentation in the conference is must for it to get published on the IEEE Xplore Digital Library?
Yes, either by the author of the paper or the authorized presenter.
5) Can I modify my paper anytime?
Yes, you can modify your paper and resubmit before the deadline and if the paper is NOT assigned for its reviews.
6) Can I submit paper containing more than 6 pages?
No. Conference organizing committee has recommended a limit of 6 pages only as per the standard practice of IEEE conferences.
7) When I try to upload my paper, I am getting the error "A PDF font is not embedded."
To check if all fonts are embedded, open the PDF of the paper or the figure in Acrobat and check under "File/Document Properties/Fonts" (Windows) or "File/Properties/Fonts" (MacOS). All fonts must say "embedded" or "embedded-subset". Go to the following link to troubleshoot such problems https://www.wiwi.hu-berlin.de/de/professuren/quantitativ/statistik/doc/formulare/embedfonts.pdf
8) I cannot add an author - EDAS claims the email address is invalid!
EDAS will not allow authors to add other authors to a paper unless that new author has a valid email address.
9) Can I submit my paper in Word format?
No. The paper must be in pdf format and in accordance with IEEE standards. For appropriate paper template CLICK following link. http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
10) How many papers can we submit for a single registration?
For Student/ Research Scholars single registration ONLY ONE paper presentation is allowed.
11) I am trying to add co- author but edas site is giving name is already registered.
That means author is already registered with EDAS , you can search him/her by email address and then add him/ her out of the searched persons, you will not require to edit other details , they will get added automatically.
12) Is there any limit for number of authors?
No. There is no limit for the number of authors.
13) What is the format of paper to be submitted ?
Papers for both oral and poster presentations should conform to the IEEE format and specifications. The IEEE paper template can be downloaded from the link given below. www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
14) Is it okay to write the author’s name on the paper?
Review process for this conference is DOUBLE BLINDED, which means Authors and Reviewers are restricted from seeing each other’s identity. Therefore, please DO NOT write Authors name & affiliation in the manuscript being submitted for review. Authors name & affiliation details may be included at the time of CAMERA-READY Manuscript submission after paper acceptance.
15) Is online presentation or video conferencing allowed to present the paper?
16) I get the error message ‘PDF Fonts not embedded’, How to handle it?
This warning message can be ignored at this review stage, but is to be taken care of as explained in answer of #FAQ-7 at the time of submission of camera ready paper after paper acceptance.
17)Can I withdraw my paper once the deadline is over ?
Paper can not be withdrawn after the paper submission deadline is over.
18)The submission template in your website link shows that the Author name and affiliation should be mentioned. While the EDAS submission site gives instructions to not mention any author name and affiliation.
Pls follow the instructions.
19) I have made a technical paper with my guide and he has made 2 more papers with my classmate, so can my guide represent all the 3 paper? And if certificate will be given to all the authors?
Yes, your guide can present all three papers, provided Registration is done as per the rule. But the certificate is generally issued to the ‘paper presenter’.